Why Should You Spay/Neuter Your Pet?
- It’s the law!
- You won’t end up with unplanned puppies or kittens to take care of
- You’ll protect your pet from some cancers and other serious health problems
- Spay/neuter may reduce pets’ impulse to roam away from home
- Spay/neuter can reduce some undesirable behaviors
- You won’t contribute to the thousands of pets entering shelters each year
Where To Get Your Pet Spayed/Neutered
If you can’t afford to get your pet(s) spayed or neutered through any of the following options, Memphis Animal Services’ Pet Resource Center is here to help!
- Most vet clinics in Memphis and Shelby County offer spay/neuter.
- Spay Memphis offers lost-cost, high-quality spay/neuter services. See current pricing here, and be sure to check to see if you qualify for additional discounts on their Grant/Donor Funding page.
- The Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County offers a $55 Spay/Neuter Voucher with a choice of several different vet clinics.
- The Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County offers low-cost spay/neuter services for pet parents who receive government assistance.